Skip to main content

Katherine: Stand Up Comedian

My only picture from the night.

As I prefaced in yesterday's blog, I have dipped my toe into the pool of stand up comedy. After months of writing jokes and getting the confidence to perform, I did it! I left for The Whiskey at 8pm. I signed up, drank a coke alone at the bar, and waited three hours to perform. I was alone because after texting with a friend I decided it'd be best to go alone in case it didn't go well. Finally, I got up on stage. I forgot a few words to the jokes, but overall I did well for my first time. I got two giggles and a laugh. I was so proud of myself. I was the youngest one there and the only one to not cuss or bring up sexual references. I felt like a celebrity afterwords! My mom posted about this on her Facebook and all her friends are very excited for me. Since I'm home for break I planned on doing more open mics, including an opportunity to perform at Comedyworks this past Tuesday. I'm excited to continue to make people smile.

I even already have names for my Netflix special:
Good, Clean Fun
Two Giggles and a Laugh
Usually Confused
Katherine: Untamed and Uncut

God Bless!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned in College: End of Freshman Year Fun part 2

Continued from Part 1 8.Cowboys are Real Cowboys are typically seen as people who used to live in the Wild West years and years ago. I honestly think that my grandfather was one of the last American cowboys. While, I wills till continue to this this, I have learned that cowboys are still real! Every once in a while, I will see an old man sporting leather cowboy boots, a blue pair of Wrangler jeans, a button down shirt, a weathered, leather belt, a leather vest, a cowboy hat, a grown out beard, and skin weathered and tan like the leather. I didn’t think people still dressed like this besides for show! This is someone’s real life outfit! I am always astonished to see people like this because I don’t see them regularly. They look like their straight off a horse in ye old west! Students even wear cowboy boots daily! It’s something else. 9. People still pressure you. I don't drink for multiple reasons, and I was under the impression that people don't pressure people i...

How I Know I’m Getting Older

  Family, f riends, and reader(s?),       Good afternoon and I hope this blog post finds you fabulous! It finds me writing outside of a coffee shop during my day off while a stranger sits ten feet away on a Teams Call with her dog next to her. Anyways, it’s been nearly two and a half years since my last post. What have I been up to? A lot. I graduated, got a job, was scared by a man in the dark on the eve of the 2024 Rocky Mountain Showdown and scraped my limbs leading to a permanent (I hope) scar on my left hand in, roughly, the shape of America, and I made more friends. I make myself giggle. Regarding the status of  The Katherine Kazette,  I don’t know if I’m going to post more often now or not, but I do need more creative outlets since graduating. I wonder if I should transfer my blog to substack. I should probably visit their website first. Also, I did use AI for the very cool anamorphs inspired image of me becoming an old lady.       ...

Christmas Memories: Baptist and Breakfast

             Once again it is time to spread Christmas Cheer.  One year during Christmas time my family and I went to a Baptist Church for their music program. Lance was playing guitar at the time and his guitar teacher was a musician in the program and invited us to come. We went and the pastor welcomed everyone as it began. The music was so beautiful and joyful, without a flaw. It played on and on. There were also narrators. I thought their words were recorded, but they weren’t! It was so perfect. The time went on and on and I wondered when the pastor would speak. The program ended and the pastor didn’t speak, it was just a beautiful music program. Afterwards, my family and I went to Mimi’s café and had breakfast. Nowadays, we sometimes go to the music program, because it is such a warming time.  God Bless!